Thursday 8 September 2016

Book Review : Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata

Hello, dear literature enthusiasts!

I read Death Note, earlier this week and - to my surprise, really enjoyed it. I had been meaning to read it for months, especially since I had a borrowed copy. (now I can finally return it)

I liked it so much, that I have now ordered two more volumes from Amazon!

***

 Genre:Graphic Novel
Book: Death Note Vol 1
Author: Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
Release date: 27th June 2013
Publisher: Viz Media


Source: Friend Sarah
  
Synopsis: 

Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know? For older teen audiences.

***


You can purchase the book here: 


What did I like? : I love Light - the main character. He is a bit loopy and ambitious, and I like his world plan. He's a bit like Dexter from the show Dexter in a way...doing bad to prevent evil. I also loved the drawings and the new order of reading. (In manga you read backwards)


What didn't I like? : I didn't like the language sometimes...and also I cannot stand L...he's so annoying trying to come in and ruin Lights plan. 

Therefore I give this book a rating of...


3.7 out of 5 

(Disclaimer: The images in this post are not mine)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ Literature and Tea




No comments:

Post a Comment