Monday 5 September 2016

Book Review : The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Hello, my fellow literature lovers! 

Today I will be reviewing The Great Gatsby, which I had read before...but didn't really get to enjoy due to the fact that I was rushing. 

***
 Genre:Classics
Book: The Great Gatsby
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Release date: 10th April 1925
Publisher: Penguin


SourceWaterstones
(obviously)

Synopsis: 

Through the narration of Nick Carraway, the reader is taken into the superficially glittering world of the mansions which lined the Long Island shore in the 1920s, to encounter Nick's cousin Daisy, her brash but wealthy husband Tom Buchanan, Jay Gatsby and the mystery that surrounds him.

***


You can purchase the book here 


What did I like? : There wasn't a lot I liked, which is strange since the book got such a high rating. If I were to pick something, I would pick the fact that there was that ability to glimpse at the 1920's truthfully. This is one of the things I love most about reading novels written in the past. We get an honest look into people's realities. 



What didn't I like? : The characters really weren't loveable. They were quite terrible in all honesty, the only okay one was Gatsby probably. The ending was quite confusing and didn't really make much sense to me.

Therefore I give this book a rating of:

4 stars out of 5

I am about to start watching the movie, hopefully, that will clear some things up.


Favourite quote: “He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man.” 


I just thought that this quote was so cute.

*

I hope you enjoyed this post! Stay tuned for more :-)


(Disclaimer: The images used in this post are not mine....you can probably tell I am slightly obsessed with Sherlock)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ Literature and Tea


No comments:

Post a Comment