Saturday 10 September 2016

Book Review : Death Note Volume 2 by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata

Hello!


After reading the first volume of the Death Note series, I became hooked. I ordered the rest of the series off of Amazon - of course, and began reading.

 I am in a really important academic year at school, and I am really happy with my reading progress so far despite this. 

One thing I love about Death Note is that the second novel was better than the first, which is strangely rare in series that I have read in the past. The first book is usually...




then comes the sequel...


But anyway...Back to Death Note

***

Genre:Graphic Novel
BookDeath Note Vol 2
AuthorTsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
Release date: 5th December 2013
PublisherViz Media


Source: Amazon

Synopsis: 

Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Noteto rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal…or his life? 


***

You can purchase the book here:



What did I like? : I loved the storyline once again. It constantly keeps you on your toes as well as  surprised at the different outcomes. I also love how cocky Light - the main character, is and how intelligent he is. Despite his actions being .... controversial, I find myself really rooting for him, even with it being clear that his actions are wrong. (Idk I always seem to love the bad/evil characters)
I also love the illustrations...I have really gotten the hang of this whole reading right to left thing!

What did I not like? : I didn't like L. I know L is technically the good guy...but why can't he give up and let Light continue being awesome. I also didn't like the sexist comments that randomly appeared in the novel, it was so unnecessary. Other than that there wasn't much I actually disliked...which is why this gained such a high rating. 

Therefore I gave this a rating of...

4 stars out of 5!

(Disclaimer: The images used in this post are not mine)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ Literature and Tea








No comments:

Post a Comment