Sunday 13 September 2015

Book Review : Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe By Benjamin Alire Sáenz

*Slight Spoilers, read with caution*
Today I will be reviewing a book that I got during early August! This book - you can probably guess from the title, is Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe!
Initial Thoughts: I thought before reading this book that it was a book about science, I am not sure why...it isn't a book about science, well it could be in certain parts I guess but not the science I was thinking of!

Where you can get this book: You can get this book from Waterstones or Amazon or any other book selling website that has it! - but those are my favourite.

Lets get started shall we!

What I loved about this book?
This must be a trick question because I loved everything about this book, it made me cry it made me laugh and I read it in basically one go! I loved how Benjamin developed their friendship, and how he presented both characters as being imperfect - really imperfect at times, and how he showed that your inner demons can be disabling to a persons character and life. 
Another thing I loved was the fact that he represented a very unrepresented group in YA! This is the first book I have read with a Mexican protagonist or even Mexican main characters...or come to think of it, any characters being Mexican at all.

What a disliked about this book?
Can I say nothing? no...okay, I disliked the fact that Benjamin messed with my feels!! I genuinely thought that Ari was in love with Dante...then he claimed he didn't like him that way...then they kissed and aahrhrhhrh!

You get the point. 

I gave this book a rating of 5 stars out of 5! Because it was amazing and beautiful and broke my feels - a lot. 

Stick around for more book reviews! 

(Disclaimer: The images used in this post are mine)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ She Who Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment