Wednesday 9 September 2015

Sixth Form & Stationary

I started sixth form this week in my previous secondary school, and I am loving it so far. Despite the comforting factor that I know the teachers and a majority of the students, I am feeling pretty nervous because of the fact that the timetables are strange and the teachers like to constantly emphasise the stress that A levels can cause every lesson. 

If you saw my 25 Facts About Me post, you would have noticed that my original A level subjects were English, Maths, Chemistry and Biology. There has been a slight change in plan, I now know that I want to go down an English related route, which is why my final A level subjects are...

Mathamatics
English 
Psychology 
Chemistry 

I have developed a strong love for Maths, and went from barely scraping a C grade to getting the highest grades in the year - crazy right? 

English has always been my strongest subject, and I love reading and discussing all things Literature based. 

Psychology was a subject I adored during GCSE, so I am so psyched to do this!

Chemistry is my favourite science, and I am aware that it extremely difficult but I love challenges.

I will be doing another update on sixth form maybe in a months time when I have developed more of an opinion. 

Now on to stationary!

Sixth Form is a place where a lot of stationary is needed, so here are the things I got for the upcoming year.

2 Folders, Black for Maths and flowery for English Lit.

Rubbers and Pens.

 Neon Pencils, High lighters and Sticky labels.

 My English Lit notebook.
Folder subject dividers.

 Note Pad with easily removable paper for all subjects.

Page dividers for Maths.

Organiser - Planner.

2 more folders, Chemistry and Psychology.

So that is what I got! I also bought plastic wallets, a calculator, maths set and probably something else I have forgotten to include. 

Stay tuned for more!

Yours Faithfully, 

~ She Who Writes

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love the fact that you're so organised:) I myself started Sixth Form over a week ago, and completely missed the fact that you had to buy your own books, folders and dividers! Good luck with Sixth Form, and I hope your workload doesn't suddenly come thundering down on you in the way that we've all been told. (And I'm looking forward to your review of The Great Gatsby; I'm going to be reading it for English Lit and Lang).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! i was taking Lit and Lang, didn't like the syllabus so I am now taking just Lit! I really hope sixth form isn't as scary as they describe, GCSE's shattered my soul

      Delete
    2. All of my friends are doing Lit, but I wanted the opportunity to write. And part of my syllabus (I don't know whether it is different to your school's) is to actually read non-fiction blogs and write our own. At the moment, for me, Sixth Form isn't scary- just busy. What I'm worried about are the mocks that are going to be coming up after Christmas. As for GCSE's; I just want to move on! But I've been surprised with the amount of people out there who are exactly in our position or have been there and written about it- it makes for reassurance!

      Delete