Sunday 20 September 2015

Book Review : Copper Gauntlet by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

*Slight Spoilers*
Today I will be reviewing the second book in the Magisterium series called Copper Gauntlet!

I was so excited to read this book because the first book was amazing - which is a rarity with me and series, so I had to wait until the 3rd of September before the release of the second book in the series. 

You can get these books at my two favourite places: Waterstones and Amazon


I read the first book in the series - The Iron Trial, during the Cram-a-thon in July and was hooked which is why I read this book so fast. As expected, this book was awesome, which is why it gets a rating of....



What I loved about the book?
I loved how real Callum - the protagonist, was. He kept thinking mean things about his closest friends out of jealousy and slight hurt which I think is something common in most people and isn't really highlighted in books. I also liked the fact that they were all celebrities in the end and that 'the assembly' were humiliated by Callum's sassy-ness. I love when mean adults in books are humiliated, it's fun to read.

What I disliked about the book?
First and foremost, the cover. I love the new covers...but I had 'The Iron Trial' in Hardback, with a totally different theme....so I guess I just don't like that it isn't consistent. Why didn't I get the Hardback you ask? The Hardback isn't out yet... 
:( 

I did not like how all over the place the book was, I read more contemporary novels which is why I sometimes can't get into action and with book genre's like this, you can't exactly settle down. 

Lastly, I didn't like how rebellious the book felt. I'm going to sound like a goody two shoes when I say this, but whenever I watch a show or read a book with high forms of rebellion against the law or the characters parents, I get so agitated and find it hard to go on. When I explain that to people they think I'm weird, I probably am..but oh well!

I would strongly recommend that you pick this up and read the whole series, because Holly Black and Cassandra Clare are amazing, and when two amazing people come together, they make something really awesome and Godly.



(Disclaimer: The Image used in this post is mine - apart from the last one! that isn't mine, but I wish it was I would love to meet the two of them!)

Yours Faithfully,

~ She Who Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment