Saturday 12 September 2015

August Book Haul : 2015

This is the first ever book haul I have posted on here! - despite acquiring many books in some months. So i'll be counting any books I have bought/ received since...August 15th. (not including ebooks) 

There are no spoilers included! because I believe that going into a book should be done without knowing much about the book so that you can be surprised. But if you like knowing stuff, I have linked the goodreads and amazon pages for each book.

Let's get started shall we!

Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
I got Grasshopper Jungle the day of Results Day to cheer me up. I haven't heard any positives or negatives about this book so i'll be going in blind! I hear it's LGBTQ themed in some parts? maybe I heard wrong.


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I have heard many many great things about this book which is why I bought it, also as a pick me up after results day!


There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake
I have never heard of this book in my life - I didn't buy it, it was sent to me, so as always I look forward to reading books that I haven't heard much about because then I can be surprised!


 The Rogue by Trudi Canavan
This is the second book in the Traitor Spy Trilogy which I picked up randomly, unaware of the plot and the authors previous work. I also found out that I accidentally picked up the second book...which means that I cannot read it yet. *sighs* 


Paper Towns by John Green
This is the movie cover edition of paper towns, I already own the normal covers but I was sent this and look forward to reading it - as I have been on a John Green ban for a year now.


Rock War by Robert Muchamore
I picked this up because I like picking up these book token novels, they are £1, and give me something to read during the read-a-thons with 'novella' based challenges.


Weightless by Sarah Bannan
I have also never heard of this book before as it was sent to me, but it looks really interesting and I look forward to reading this very soon!


The Sin Eaters Daughter by Melinda Sailsbury
I bought this as another pick me up after the tears that results day brought, as I have heard this book in passing but never thought to buy it...so this is basically a blind read. Exciting!! 


When MR Dog bites by Brian Conaghan
Never heard of this book beforehand - this was sent, and from the blurb I can tell that i'll like this...maybe even love this!


The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
I have heard so so so many good things about this book so when I received this in the mail I jumped for joy! I have heard good things so we'll see.


Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan
 Never read anything by this author or heard of her before, so I am excited to have another blind read.


A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
 So here's the deal. I bought a signed edition of A Court of Thorns and Roses, then received another edition...2 is better than 1!


Copper Gauntlet by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
 I bought this as soon as it came out, and read it this week - I loved it!. I got this because I love Cassandra Clare, and I loved the first book, and needed to know what happens!


More Than This by Patrick Ness
 I ordered this also on the dreaded results day - in hardback because it has a secret door *giggles*. I have never read a Patrick Ness book so I am so excited because he gets so many great reviews, and I follow him on twitter and he's pretty freaking hilarious.


The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Never heard of this series before, and I look forward to reading this - was also sent.


The Winners Crime by Marie Rutkoski
Ditto.


Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan
I have never heard of this book, but the authors name rings a bell...Blind reading, much fun!!


Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
I planned on buying this, this month because Nazima over at Snazzy Reads and I were planning to read the whole series side by side. So when it got sent to me, I was so happy because I didn't have to go and search for it in watersones. Thanks to all those in support of my lazy lifestyle!


Love Bomb by Jenny McLachlan
Annndd lastly, Love bomb...another blind read! much excite :-D.


***

I'll be doing another Haul hopefully every 2 months or maybe every month if I feel ambitious enough!

I want to say thank you for the books that were sent over, I am really grateful, and also thanks to Waterstones who literally reserved the Copper Gauntlet for me without me asking, you guys rock!

(Disclaimer: The images were mostly mine apart from that awesome tea gif...that was someone else's beautiful creation)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ She Who Writes


No comments:

Post a Comment