Wednesday 14 December 2016

An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde

Dear fellow book lovers! 


Today I will be reviewing the play, An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde! I read this in early November as a part of my English syllabus and loved it. 

Image result for an ideal husband

Genre:Play
BookAn Ideal Husband
AuthorOscar Wilde
Release date: 3rd January 1895
Publisher: Nick Hern Books


SourceAmazon

Synopsis: 
Wilde's subtle satire of the British hypocrisy of the late 1800s toys with the vulnerability of public figures and the powerful playing card of dirty secrets. "An Ideal Husband" portrays the delicate balance between righteousness, love, and betrayal, and serves it up with a generous smattering of wit and elegance.

***
What I liked? I loved the character Lord Goring and his sarcasm and lack of conventionalism. I also loved the way the plot was simple and easy to read, which made the interpretations of the text plenty. If you plan on reading this, it's funner to do so in groups!


What I did not like? I didn't like the sexist elements, but hey what can you expect from a Victorian society. 


I loved this book a lot which is why I gave it a rating of....

4 stars out of 5!

I will be reviewing more books in the near future, and I hope you enjoy them! 

(Disclaimer: The images used are not mine)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ Literature and Tea 



No comments:

Post a Comment