Thursday 29 December 2016

Top 16 of 2016!

Hai!!
Image result for gif dylan o'brien waving

This year, my reading has slowed by like 50% and as a result, I wasn't able to read many amazing books....it has been just a generally disappointing book reading year.

Well...here are my top 16...

16-5# The entire 12 volume Death Note series
Image result for death note series

I really loved this series, and would rec it to anyone that wants to try out a manga but doesn't know where to start. 


Here are my reviews of the series:  



4# Geek Girl, Head over Heels by Holly Smale

Image result for geek girl head over heels

If you have read my previous posts, you'll know I love Holly Smale's Geek Girl series which I would deffo rec to anyone.
I actually first read a book of hers around this time in 2014.

You can check out my review of this book by clicking here.


3# The Great Gatsby By F Scott Fitzgerald 
Image result for the great gatsby

I read this and loved the storyline. I think that readers that aren't even into classics will love this, the symbolism in this novel is insane...but I'm a literature nerd so I dunno if it's just me. 

To check out my review of this, click here.


2# More than this by Patrick Ness / The Winners Curse by Marie Rotkoski
Image result for more than this
I remember loving this book so much and re-reading my fave parts over and over. The scary thing about this book is that it makes you low key reconsider your entire existence, and makes you extremely fearful for the realities of the characters in the novel.

Image result for the winners curse

I loved this book so much! It was rec'd to me by Dahabo of @Admirerofbooks, and I look forward to reading the sequel!


and last, but not least! My number 1...
Image result for gif at last but not least

I didn't give this read a 5, but it still scored pretty high and I loved it so..my number 1 is....

1# A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 
Image result for a thousand splendid suns

Such a heartbreaking novel, but I rec it to everyone because it's so well written and is a story that just needs to be read and cried about. Though I do have some problems with the storyline, such as it's portrayal of Muslim women, it is still such a great read!


So here are my top 16 of 2016.....quite a dissapointing year...but lets 2017 is a better reading year!!!

(Disclaimer: The images used aren't mine)

Yours Faithfully, 

Literature and Tea


No comments:

Post a Comment