Thursday 15 December 2016

The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski

Dear fellow book readers and lovers, 

Image result for gif hello new girl

In November, Dahabo - aka the lovely @admirerofbooks, recommended that I read The Winners Curse. At first, I wasn't convinced...then she spoke about the diversity and I ran to the opportunity.

Image result for gif running new girl

Here's my review of The Winners Curse

Image result for the winners curse

GenreNovel (War/Romance)
BookThe Winners Curse
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Release date: 3rd July 2014
PublisherBloomsbury


SourceAmazon

Synopsis: 
As a general's daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. Kestrel has other ideas.
One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in Arin, a young slave up for auction. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him - and for a sensational price that sets the society gossips talking. It's not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. But he, too, has a secret and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for him is much higher than she ever could have imagined.

***

What I liked? I loved the simple writing style and how easy it was to read. It's one of those books you can read in one sitting - if you have no deadlines like I did, and It makes you want to read more. I was reluctant to read it because of the genre, but it is so worth it. 

What I did not like? I didn't like the ending....I won't ruin it but I just don't like when things don't go my way in a narrative, but I guess that's what keeps readers wanting.


Because of how great a read this was, I gave it a rating of...


4.5 stars out of 5!

I find it hard often to rate books too high, but this was so easy to rate well! I look forward to reading The Winners Crime.

(Disclaimer: The images used are not mine)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ Literature and Tea 



No comments:

Post a Comment