Wednesday 8 July 2015

Summer Adventure : days 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15

Days 11/12/13/14/15 - 29/06/15 ~ 3/07/15

My last day of school happened a few weeks ago, yet this week I was required to come in to give several presentations to the years below me on how they can improve themselves and succeed. 

I gave the younger students advice on studying, personal stories and ways to improve their mindset and behaviour. At first I was scared. Scared that they wouldn't receive the information well, or start 'booing' whilst I spoke or even laughing, but by the 3rd presentation, I felt more and more confident. 

I thought that in this blog post I will therefore give some advice to people that are still in secondary school that may need some help and guidance as they move up academically in the world. :)

1. Every class matters. You may not like maths for example, I never did (until recently) but missing classes only worsens your situation. There are so many things you can do to improve such as revision - particularly practice questions, asking your teacher for help when stuck and also just paying attention and making notes on a topic that you have just learnt. 

2. Be nice to your teachers. I know it may sound lame, but honestly if you are respectful and nice to your teachers they will want to help you to improve in their own free time. 

3. For those that are slightly older, always prioritise your coursework because as soon as you get it done and do so to a high standard the sooner you can revise for upcoming examinations. The likely chance that your coursework will make a difference to your final grade is huge as in a lot of courses coursework make up 60% of your final grade. That's more than half!

Those are some of the points I made during my presentation and I hope that these particular points are more relatable to you and can make some difference in the way you work. 

Yours Faithfully 
~ She Who Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment