Thursday 9 July 2015

YALC & Disney inspired TBR

YALC is a book convention where you can attend talks, read, meet your favourite authors, go to signings, get autographs, get merchandise and more bookish awesomeness!

I sadly did not attend the first convention last year, and it looks like I won't be attending this years convention either but fingers crossed for 2016!

I however have been taking part in the reading challenge set by the blogger Jess Hearts Books, (I will link her twitter and blog down below) where you read as many books from the authors that will be attending the convention as possible.


This month I am also doing a Disney challenge - that I am sure exists beyond my imagination, where I will attempt to read a few books that tell the tale of classic fairy tales and also book to movie or movie to book adaptations.

So this post is really my TBR for July however keeping these challenges in mind :)

Lady and The Tramp


I watched so many Disney films as a child that I have literally forgotten the plot to the majority...so I  will be reading this with a semi fresh view point. 

The Lion King


The lion king is another one of those films that I have watched over a decade ago and cannot recall the facts at all. The cover is beautiful and already tells me that there is obviously something about lions and family.

Bambi

Unlike the others, I have never watched Bambi therefore in this case I won't even get a 'flashback' as to what the story is about.  

The Bane Chronicles 

This book will be a re-read because of the attendance of Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan attending YALC! Absolutely love this book and cannot wait to re-read all the stories it contains. 

More Than This

This is an author that I have heard only good things about, it is shame that I haven't yet read his books but thankfully this month I will get to!

Noughts & Crosses

This is another author that I have heard nothing but good things about! I am so excited to finally get the chance to read her novel 'Noughts and Crosses' and hopefully other novels she has written. 

Geek Girl

This is another re-read, I have actually read all of what is published from this series and I love it. Holly will be in attendance at YALC which is so upsetting since I will not be meeting her, but I am sure that one day our paths will cross!


These are the books I plan on reading this July, I may read more depending on my summer work schedule, but I am overall looking forward to venturing into these different worlds - some for the second and or hundredth time *cough* bane chronicles. 

@JessHeartsBooks - click to visit her twitter 

Jessheartsbooks.blogspot.co.uk - Click to visit her blog


(Disclaimer: The images used in this post do not belong to me)

Yours Faithfully,

~ She Who Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment