Wednesday 26 August 2015

GCSE Results

So today I will be talking about some pretty important examination results that I received on the 20th of August. I am aware that this post is 6 days late...but there is a reason. I had to build up the confidence to make this because it's really hard to discuss. 

*6 days ago*

I hear my name being called out and I collect the envelope. I look at my friends that have already received their results, some are smiling some are frowning. I look down at the envelope for a good 5 minutes before opening them only to see a bunch of random letters and numbers I do not understand, but the confusion is soon settled when my head teacher - without warning, says my grades out loud. I hear A's, I hear B's...but I hear no A*'s....

*Back to present*
What can I say, I was extremely disappointed for many reasons, valid reasons....I wasn't being unreasonable. But it did seem that way when compared to other peoples results. 

I have high expectations for myself and high ambitions that can sometimes seem lofty. I dream big, bigger than I should perhaps and get disappointed so easily. So when I finally clarified what my results were I didn't jump for joy. 

It's funny how these things work out...since I went through sleepless nights, skipping lunch daily to revise in the library and staying after school until dark working and working and working....and it just didn't pay off as I thought it should have.

But I tried my best. That's the most important thing my parents taught me.

I feel better than I did 6 days ago, not everything worked out and I will obviously be upset for quite a while...but I guess everything happens for a reason...

(Disclaimer: The images used in this post are not mine)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ She Who Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment